AIETI offers two grants, worth €500 each, to fund the organization of academic events related to Translation and Interpreting Studies.
An event is eligible for a grant if:
- It is a conference or symposium, to be held in Spain or Portugal, on a specific aspect of translation or interpreting (not a general conference).
- The applicant is a member of both its organizing committee and AIETI.
- The applicant provides written evidence of institutional support (e.g. an email signed by their dean or head of department).
Its application is submitted in the corresponding period, i.e. between 1 January and 30 June for events taking place in the second half of the same year, and between 1 July and 31 December for events taking place in the first half of the subsequent year.
Priority will be given to applications for funding for events that:
- Are international.
- Plan to disseminate contributions in the form of proceedings or another kind of publication.
- Plan to issue an award or another form of recognition (e.g. for the best poster or paper) whose title includes AIETI’s name.
- Have no other source of funding (secondary criterion).
Applicants must send AIETI’s president and secretary an email with the information mentioned in the Requisites and Priority sections above, i.e.:
- Conference/symposium details: national or international, subject matter, venue and date
- Confirmation that the applicant is a member of both the event’s organizing committee and AIETI.
- Written evidence of institutional support.
- Details of whether contributions are to be disseminated in the form of proceedings or another kind of publication.
- Details of whether the event has secured or applied for funding from another source.
- Details of any plans to issue an award or another form of recognition whose title includes AIETI’s name.
AIETI’s Scientific Committee:
- Will meet twice a year (in January and July). At its July meeting, it will consider the applications received in the first half of the year (between 1 January and 30 June) for funding for events taking place in the second half of the same year. At its January meeting, it will consider the applications received in the second half of the previous year (between 1 July and 31 December) for funding for events taking place in the first half of the year that has just begun.
- Will notify grant recipients that their application has been successful via email and, upon request, via post.
- Reserves the right to:
- decide which applicants are to receive grants on the basis of the established criteria.
- refrain from awarding either or both of the grants if there are insufficient applications that meet the requisites.
- Is sovereign in terms of its decisions regarding grants and will not explain its reasons for turning down applications. Applying for a grant entails acceptance of these rules.