Bursaries for Translators attending EAMT 2022 (Ghent)
== Call for Participation ==
The European Association for Machine Translation (EAMT) is an organisation that serves the growing community of people interested in MT and translation tools, including translators, users, developers, and researchers of this increasingly viable technology.
As part of its commitment to promote research, development and awareness about translation technologies, the EAMT opens a call for a small number of bursaries to support translators and Translation Studies’ students, in attending the 23rd Annual Conference of the European Association for Machine Translation (EAMT 2022) conference, to be held in Ghent, Belgium, from June 1st to June 3rd.
== Purpose of the Call ==
This call is dedicated to support translators and Translation Studies’ students, working or studying in European, Middle-Eastern or African countries, that do not have fundings to attend the conference.
The EAMT particularly encourages applications from early-career translators.
All applications will be screened by the EAMT President (Dr Helena Moniz) and the EAMT Secretary (Dr Carolina Scarton) and possibly a few appointed Executive Committee members if necessary.
== Application information ==
* Eligibility requirements
In order to qualify for this call, the individual must be a translator or enrolled in a Master or PhD course in Translation Studies. The support is only available to individuals working or studying in European, Middle-Eastern or African countries. Freelance translators and students will have priority.
* Selection criteria
– The selection will be made based on the information submitted to the provided Google Forms (link below).
– One of the fields in the form is a «motivation letter», where you should describe your motivation for attending the EAMT 2022 conference and explain why you do not have other funds to sponsor your attendance.
– You should also submit a CV, highlighting your years of experience in the translation area and your experience working with MT.
– For students: you should also submit an official proof of student status, signed by your University.
== Bursaries ==
EAMT anticipates funding several applications. Selected participants will be announced on the 5th of May 2022 and will receive complimentary membership in the EAMT for 2022 and 2023, free registration at the EAMT 2022 conference and paid accommodation in Ghent.
== Contact for enquiries ==
== Applications ==
Candidates should submit their applications via a Google Form: https://forms.gle/DiKwNEp9Ed1PtiDw7
== Important Dates ==
Circulation of the Call: April 28, 2022
Submission deadline for applications: May 3rd, 2022, 23:59 CEST
Notification: May 5th, 2022
== Additional provisions ==
– Only complete applications will be reviewed.
– All information submitted with applications will be regarded as confidential and will only be used in the context of this call.
– You may be asked to share the accommodation room with other awardees. However, we will commit to respect any requirements / concerns that you inform us (e.g. religion, gender, etc).
== No obligation to award the bursaries ==
The EAMT shall be under no obligation to fund the applications pursuant to this call for participation. EAMT shall not be liable for any compensation with respect to candidates whose applications have not been approved. Nor shall it be liable in the event of it deciding not to award the bursaries.